Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Tree

We decorated our tree last weekend, but I just got around to posting the pictures today.  This is how Niko puts ornaments on a tree, all clumped together.  He does the same thing with stickers.


Here she is!  This tree takes forever for me to decorate.  Once upon a time, this was a pre-lit tree... but over the years, all the lights have stopped working.  I bought this tree when I bought my first house so it's pretty old.  Thanks to Do-Da, I am methodical about wrapping lights around each branch just like she used to do.  So it takes about 1,200 lights to make this tree look 'right.'  

Every year, I go through the same anger session of strands not working even though I bought the expensive ones the year before.  Neil avoids the room while I get mad at the tree and swear under my breath.  This process goes better when I can do this with an 'adult beverage' but the last two years have been a bit rough.  (Two years of pregnancy/nursing complicates this!)

Oh well.  The tree is up, looks nice and is secretly nerdy.  You can't see that there are 15!  YES 15!! Star Wars/Star Trek ships on that bad boy.  Nothing says Merry Christmas like the Borg!

No comments: