Tuesday, July 1, 2014

House Facelit


I spent some of the weekend working on giving our house a facelift.  Our house is brown, brown and redish brown.  Over the next few weeks, I will be fixing some woodrot, freshening the cream trim, repainting the shutters, light fixtures and front door.

The shutters and light fixtures are going a metallic black.  You can't really tell it is metallic until you get close, but the color looks deeper than a flat back.
 
We took the lower shutters down with a ladder, but the upper shutters are going to have to wait until we rent the scaffolding.  I normally wouldn't need scaffolding, but much of that weird white box thing on the right window needs repair.  It it just too wobbly on my extension ladder to replace/repair the wood correctly.   I can get the repairs/painting done much faster (and safer) on scaffolding.

Once the shutters were dry, I leaned them up against the house just so I could see how they look.

Old shutter on the top, new color on the bottom.  I think when the lights are repainted and the shutters are rehung, the house will look much better.  I am also going to repaint the front door to a vibrant red.

No comments: