Monday, June 2, 2014

Garden update

This is my garden annex - note the sand pails.  I ran out of pots and the kids never really use the pails anyway.  These are the extra tomato plants and the plants that the bunnies & squirrels like to eat/tear up.  I have had better success growing these on the deck rather than the garden area.  I ran out of room in the garden and this is a good solution to both problems.  We kinda went crazy with the seedlings (Niko did a good job planting/caring for them) and I wanted him to see his hard work come to fruition.



Look how big those tomato plants are!


I bought some new tomato supports that are color coated to what type of plants they are.  The purple hoops are Cherokee Purple, the red hoops are cherry tomato, the steel one is a grape tomato and the yellow are Red Beefsteak.



No comments: