Monday, May 12, 2014

Mom's Day Weekend

 We drove to Chicago this weekend for Mom's Day.  Spending the weekend with my Dad was the only thing I wanted for Mom's Day so off we went.

This trip started like many other car trips for us.... barf.  Yay.   We can't seem to have a trip without some form of 're-processed food' to kick us off.


When we got to the house, we drug out our old toys.  This toy is easily 30+ years old, but is a favorite for any visiting kiddo.

One of the things I wanted to do over the weekend was to plant Mother's Day flowers for my Mom & my Grandma.   Here is what the graves looked like before we planted.   This is my Grandma's grave marker - usually my Aunt Kay plants the flowers, but we beat her to it this year.


This is the back of my Mom's grave marker.

 And the front.


The boys helped me dig up the soil for the flowers.

Kinda weird to see, I know but I like to think my Mom was happy to see the kids playing 'with her.'



 After!

After!

My Mother's Day meal.... mmmmm... some of the best pizza in Chicago.

Niko gave me his present early on Sunday morning.  YAY!  Look at that age... 31.  Sweet.  Last year I was 55, so this is a nice improvement.


I am looking good!

We drove home after breakfast... here is King Niko-chan grubbing down on dinner.

On the drive home, we put in a Yo Gabba Gabba DVD.  This was Ryker's first reaction to the show.... confusion & wonder.

No comments: