Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pre-School!!!

Niko's school supply list came home last night. Wow. He's "graduating" his 2-year-old room at the end of the month and heading into the 3-year-old room. He turns 3 next month and he's fairly potty trained now so he's being moved to the next room as part of the "school year" schedule.

I must admit it will be weird for both of us. He's only known the 2-year-old room since starting at school so this will be a big change for him. I will REALLY miss his teacher, Mrs Elisha... I love her and she helped us with the potty training thing.

Niko is pretty much potty trained now except for at night. Although I will be honest.... I do put a diaper on him if we are driving in the car for a while or if I think we might get stuck in traffic.

3 comments:

An Apel a Day said...

He has quite the list!

Mica starts kindergarten and Isaak preschool. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

The night training thing! I think it worked well for us to take them potty right before we went to bed. Like around 10 and later on around 11. Many times at first they were wet. Slowly they began to hold it. It takes TIME! Travis came up with this great idea of putting underwear on and a diaper over it. There is a lot less leaking then when they wore just training pants.

Every kid is different though. Isaak loves to ask for something to drink right before bed. Then he won't let it go if we say, "No!"

An Apel a Day said...

I almost forgot. My sister came up with this one: She put on his bed fitted sheet, pee pad, fitted sheet, pee pad. The more layers the better. If they pee. Just peel off the layers in the middle of the night. Then you don't have to change all their bedding when you and they are tired.

Kim and Neil said...

Thanks for the layer idea... I am totally going to try that when I get enough courage to try night time without diapers.... yikes!!!