Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advanced Emergency Communication Training

I have been off the grid for a week attending the Emergency Management Institute put on by the US Department of Homeland Security Department. This course is designed to help people in my field be better prepared if a HUGE incident happened in our area.

These were our course manuals for a 4-day training. Yikes!

The 9/11 Memorial on campus in Emmitsburg, MD.

This is where the rubber meets the road. This is what's called a Joint Information Center and it's where I would be working if there was a large incident in our region.


This is AFTER graduation!!! This is the Ott House - a famous Fireman Bar in Emmitsburg.

The training was EXCELLENT. Probably the best training for my job I have ever had. I was gone from my family for 5-days... the longest I have ever been away from them. It was hard, but the training was definitely worth it. I am so glad to be home!!!

No comments: